Why your Esthetician always tells you don’t shave…
Shaving is a rather inefficient method of removing unwanted hair from the body. Depending on how fast your hair grows, you could end up shaving daily just to keep up with the growth.
1. One of the main reasons we encourage our clients to not shave is the fact that you are working with sharp razor blades and nicks are not uncommon. With shaving, you run the risk of infection if you cut yourself. If you use your blades several times, it can increase the risk of inflammation and harmful bacteria.
2. Since wax pulls the hair out by the root, it takes much longer for it to grow back. A big advantage of waxing is that hair comes back thinner and lighter than it does with shaving.
3. Your first time waxing can be painful, but you will find that if you keep it up, it will gradually be less painful.
4. Waxing will leave the area smooth because the entire hair is pulled out. There will be no more stubble immediately after like in the case of shaving.
5. If you have sensitive skin, shaving will usually cause more problems.
6. Repeated waxing will slow hair growth. Even if you never get to the point where your hair stops growing altogether, you can expect to wax less often the longer you stick with it.
7. Shaving is likely to cause ingrown hair which can form painful infections. Waxing, however, removes the entire hair shaft, right down to the root. The new hair is thinner and tapered at the end, which means it is less likely to get trapped under the top layer of the skin.
Make your appointment at Twelve27 today and bring your questions to our Master Wax Specialist for clarity and calm going into the warmer months!